One of the main services at T98 Rehab Chiropractic and Wellness is rehabilitation therapy. We help our patients recover their maximum functional abilities and, as a result, improve their quality of life.
Our rehabilitation therapy techniques are based on the latest scientific breakthroughs and global medical global standards. We can assist any patient in any condition in need of occupational or physical therapy.
What is Rehabilitation Therapy
Rehabilitation therapy refers to treatment procedures that help you get back, maintain, or boost the abilities you need for daily life. Rehabilitation covers physical, mental, and cognitive capabilities. You may have lost these capabilities because of an injury, disease, or as a side effect of clinical treatment.
Rehabilitation treatment works by creating a therapeutic environment where most factors are controlled and thus boosts your body’s recovery so you can regain strength and your abilities.
Beyond recovering your physical strength, you may have to relearn lost skills or adopt new ways to do activities that may be challenging to do as you used to. Our professionals collaborate with your other treatment plans to ensure your fast and wholesome recovery through either inpatient or outpatient rehabilitation.
Types of Rehabilitation Therapy
There are three types of rehabilitation therapy, each of which serves a specific objective in helping you heal fully. The three types are physical, occupational, and speech therapies, and you can get all from our T98 Rehab Chiropractic and Wellness.
It targets activity and mobility dysfunction. Our therapists seek to help you regain or improve your ability to move. The treatments help reduce pain, restore your strength and stability, and activity in the affected areas. It uses targeted workouts and other treatment series as medication to help you recover.
Occupational therapy focuses on helping you carry out your daily tasks. It enhances your back balance and electric motor skills. In other cases, it helps patients learn to improve their capability through the use of flexible devices.
This is rehabilitation treatment focusing on correcting the issue with speech and ingesting. Speech-language therapy boosts your capacity to speak properly and ingest without difficulty.
Goals of Rehabilitation Therapy
The main goals of rehabilitation are to increase your capabilities and your independence. However, the goals vary specifically from condition to condition and patient to patient. It also depends on how long you have had the health issue, whether it has ended or is still ongoing and how extreme the cause is.
For example, a patient who had a heart attack needs cardiac rehabilitation, intending to get him back to exercising. On the other hand, pulmonary rehabilitation is necessary for lung disease patients to breathe better.
We use rehabilitation therapy in the treatment of various conditions. Often, the conditions are;
- Post-surgical recovery
- Musculoskeletal and orthopedic injuries such as sprains, tears, and strains
- Neurological injuries like the spinal cord, stroke, or brain injury
- Multiple trauma injuries from accidents
We devise a treatment plan based on patients’ conditions and personal objectives. Depending on the above factors, we devise a treatment plan that could include hands-on treatment, targeted workouts, techniques to relieve discomfort, neurological relearning, physical work, and speech work.
Who Should Get Rehabilitation Therapy?
Anyone who has lost the abilities they need to lead a quality daily life should consider rehabilitation treatment. Our services help people with different causes, including the following.
- Patients who have lost their ability to hold things can use our specialists’ expertise to learn how to develop a tough grip again. They may also learn how to customize activities around their condition so that they achieve independence.
- Patients who have lost cognitive capabilities due to injuries may need our therapists to help them relearn these abilities and be able to accomplish tasks such as applying to jobs and colleges.
- Kids born with physical disabilities will need help to achieve a certain level of independence. Our team at T98 Rehab Chiropractic and Wellness helps such kids attain the level of control they need to feel independent, use a computer, or even write properly.
- We also help career professionals make their work environments conducive through the use of ergonomic concepts. The same professionals can benefit from our therapists’ work and life schedules tailored for their needs to relieve tension and promote health.
- Those still dealing with pain from injuries or medical conditions they have suffered will need rehabilitation to avoid aggravating the injuries and using pain-alleviating postures.
- The elderly who may be struggling to do activities they enjoy due to the age-related condition can also correct the situation through modified methods.
- People who have chronic pain and need to manage it and then fully treat it will get much
help from our rehabilitation therapists.
- Patients suffering from debilitating medical treatment side-effects like chemotherapy or radiotherapy and have lost independence.
What Happens During Rehabilitation?
When you get into rehabilitation treatment, a wide team of medical professionals works with you. You are first taken through several evaluation tests, and you share with your doctors your objectives. From these, the doctors come up with a therapy strategy to meet your needs. Your treatment plan could include any of the following;
- Use of assistive devices, which are equipment that helps those with special needs to function and move.
- Cognitive rehabilitation helps you relearn abilities and improve mental skills like thinking, memory, planning, and decision making.
- Music and art therapy help you share your feelings, build your social connections, and even improve your thinking.
- Recreational therapy treatment helps you build your emotional wellbeing through a range of techniques like animal-assisted treatment, relaxation techniques, and art and crafts.
- Physical therapy allows you to get back your strength, flexibility, fitness, and mobility.
- Vocational rehabilitation assists you with the skills you will need going back to work or school.
- Speech-language therapy will help you in regaining your swallowing, speaking, reading, and understanding.
- Occupational therapy helps you manage your daily activities.
- Mental and nutritional counseling
Depending on the care you need, it may be done inpatient or outpatient to your home. An outpatient plan requires that you have the support of friends and family members even as a care provider will be visiting you.
Why Choose T98 Rehab?
Our therapists and physiotherapists team consists of board-certified experts from a broad range of fields. We have experts in;
- Sports therapy
- Pediatric physical therapy
- Cardiopulmonary therapy
- Prosthetic rehabilitation
- Lymphedema therapy
- Vestibular rehabilitation
- Female’s wellness and healthcare
- Hand therapy
- Our specialists have long experience in the field, and this is blended by our proactive endeavor to stay current with scientific research and best practices.
- We provide personalized treatment addressing each case with proper attention and an individual treatment plan that helps our clients achieve their objectives.
- For wholesome results and the overall wellbeing of our patients, we provide interdisciplinary care so that no part of your healthcare is compromised.
- We have excellent facilities and the latest technological tools for a comfortable setting and to promote a fast recovery and take advantage of all the latest technology in rehabilitation.
Our facilities are open for you anytime you need specialized rehabilitation. Let us help you regain your independence and by assisting you to recover and even improve your facilities. Contact us today, and we will plan a rehabilitation strategy for you.